Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lessons learned...

1 - Everyone has different good advice! All of the advice is great from books to doctors to friends to moms.... it is all great but no baby is the same so all the good advice may or may not work on your baby. However I have tried every piece of good advice that has been given to me. I just have to remember and know.... it may not work on Carter!

2 - Involve your husband as much as possible. Since Reid is not home all day... he does not always know our routine. So I decided to bring him up to speed one night and involve him in the decision making in our night routine.... he is soooo much more helpful now :) Honestly I could not have asked for a better husband even if he is the BIGGEST grouch in the middle of the night. At least he knows our routine and it makes it easier for him to help.

3 - Spit ups just happen and so do exploding diapers and I mean exploding diapers that go all over you and the boppy. No matter how gentle I am, when I put on a new outfit... 25% of the time Carter is going to spit up all of it. And to date Carter has had 4 exploding diapers... 2 in one feeding (that was today!).

4 - A glass of wine really does help! I have always enjoyed a glass of wine but these days I crave them with a tall warm bath.

5 - Nothing is like being a mom! Everyone told me this while I was preggo but it is sooooo true. I love it :)

2 comments:

  1. AMEN about including the fathers!! That is really the one bit of advice I feel every mother should hear! That child is half his, it took two of you to make him/her & he/she will be cared for, loved on & provided for by two parents his whole life....rightly so that TWO parents help with "baby duties"! I learned quickly to ease up and let brett do as much as he could or would and now i personally feel my children have an awesome dad and i couldn't ask for a better helper, father, husband! From changing diapers to feeding to baths to taking the kids for a daddy day....they can do it too! ok....off my soap box :) love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, Lynda in Alabama is reading your blogs for the first time. We just returned home from living at the cabin since Christmas Eve. Carter is precious. So glad to see that he is a "Roll Tide Baby." How cute in that little suit. Hope to see Carter on one of my Dream Home trips to Georgia. You sound like a "perfect mom." I want to meet Reid too. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete