Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A lot of Ones...

Today Carter is ONE month, ONE week, and ONE day old.... now that is a lot of ones. There are moments that I think time is fling and then other times (mostly at 3am) that I wonder if time is creeping by. Part of me can not wait until Carter can talk to me and walk around but then part of me love the phase that he is now. There are so many bitter sweet moments in parenthood!

Routine... I love routines and keeping on a consistent schedule. For the first time, this week I have nothing to do so I have been able to work on our routine. However I think having nothing to do all week just aggravates me as I can not get this routine down but we are very very close! Carter is feeding 8 times a day/night and takes 3 naps. Currently he is sleeping 5 hours during the night without a feeding.

Sleeping... not sure if it is a phase but Carter really LOVES his naps during the day. Sometimes it is even hard to wake him for his 11:30am and 2-3pm feeding because all he wants to do is sleep. I hear there is a growth spirt at 6 weeks so maybe he will get out of the sleep phase soon. However maybe I should not wish this phase away as I hear they grow in their sleep.

Spitting... Carter spits but nothing that seems to upset him... it is usually just more annoying for Reid and I as we are unsure why he spits. It is nothing consistent or overwhelming just something Reid and I wish we could fix! Today the nurse suggested feeding him while he is in a swaddle as Carter loves to move around during a feeding which could be jostling his stomach. We will see.... She also said we would start some over the counter anti-acids if the spitting continues.

Like I have said many times... we LOVE our little man and can not wait to see him grow...
until next time, Stacy :)

1 comment:

  1. Stacey, I hope you don't mind me following:) This is Mary, Elyse's sis...Carter is tooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete