Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

The first month...






I have added 2 pictures that show Carter's growth over the last month. Not sure if you can tell but he is growing like a weed! The first picture is 1 week and the second picture is 1 month. At his 1 month doc appt, he weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21 and a half inches long. He has gained 2 pounds in 1 month - wow!

Carter is starting to smile which is so much fun. I noticed it for the first time on Friday (1/22) after I feed him in the afternoon. I asked him if he was going to spit on me after his feed and he gave me the biggest smile. It was really cute and then he spit on me... I love him!

We took our first road trip over the weekend. We went to see grandma and pops in Alabama. It is about a 3 hour trip. Carter did soooo good! He only got fussy when we went through a little bit of traffic in Tallassee and then on the way back home to GA because he was hungry... which we pulled on the side of the road so I could nurse. Reid changed his diaper in the front seat and then we were back on the road. It was only a 30 minute delay :) We enjoyed spending time with family and friends!

Over the weekend we also started to get him to go 5 hours without feeding during the night... recommended by our pediatrician. He is doing ok but he still likes his 1am feeding. He wakes up for it, cries for about 15-30 mins and then goes back to sleep. I am better with his crying than Reid... however it is hard on both of us!

Carter is a big fan of his bouncy seat and is starting to enjoy his swing... we have not spend a lot of time on the playmate but we will spend more time on it in month 2. He does spend time on his stomach but we do that on our chest. He is really starting to hold his head up which just amazes me!

Overall the first month was pretty easy. Reid and I celebrated on Wednesday (1/20) but having steak and a bottle of wine. It was really fun to celebrate and talk about the fun we had over the past month. We love our little man!

Again thank you all for all of your dinners, gifts, thoughts and prayers! They were very appreciated :)

1 comment: